A fire breaks out in the electronics showroom of the Bhubaneswar market building

Bhubaneswar: A fire broke out at the Usha showroom inside the Unit-II market building complex around 10:30 p.m. Thursday night in the capital of Odisha.

According to reports, some residents spotted the fire and sounded the alarm.

After being notified, local police along with six firefighters from the Kalpana Square fire station were urged to act to put out the flames.

No one was injured in the incident, but property worth thousands of dollars was destroyed. A short circuit in an air conditioning compressor is suspected to have started the fire.

“Six firefighters and 30 firefighters fought the flames for more than an hour. We have succeeded in our ‘Zero Victim Mission’,” said a fire department official.

The Mayor of the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC), Sulochana Das, also visited the site to provide an update on the situation. “The fire was brought under control in time, otherwise it would have turned into a major accident,” she said.

It is pertinent to mention here that a fire broke out in BMC’s Keshari Mall near Market Building about three months ago on June 12. A short circuit in the battery room was suspected to have caused the fire. Prior to that, on April 15, four clothing stores, a beauty salon and other stores in the same mall were engulfed in fire.

Comments are closed.