Automotive Cybersecurity Market: Growth, Opportunities and Development
The major growth drivers of the market are increasing sales of luxury vehicles, electric vehicles, and connected vehicles, and adoption of regulations related to automotive cybersecurity.
The Global automotive cybersecurity market the size is expected to grow from $2.0 billion in 2021 to $5.3 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 21.3%.
The growing demand for connected vehicles and security devices has increased electronic content per vehicle. This has increased a vehicle’s vulnerability against a cyberattack, which has resulted in the recall of vehicles by reputable automakers in the recent past. Thus, the demand for automotive cybersecurity solutions is increasing at a rapid rate all over the world. Moreover, the launch of the UNECE WP.29 mandate and the “Auto Data” regulation in China is also expected to support the growth of the automotive cybersecurity market in the coming years globally.
Opportunity: Introduction of wireless battery management system for electric vehicle
The introduction of Wireless Battery Management Systems (wBMS) has opened up a huge ROI opportunity for OEMs around the world. wBMS saves up to 90% of wiring and up to 15% of battery volume for next-generation electric vehicles. Apart from this, the battery life also increases in this new system. Therefore, maintaining a strict security protocol is mandatory in the wireless battery pack management system. In 2020, Analog Devices, Inc. launched its wBMS. In the same year, General Motors collaborated with Analog Devices, Inc. (Analog) to use Analog’s wBMS in its Ultium battery platform. This new wBMS includes all ICs, hardware and software for power, battery management, RF communication and system functions in a single system-level product that supports ASIL-D safety and module-level security based on the company’s proven industry-leading technology. BMS battery cell measurement technology. Hence, with the growing popularity of wBMS, the demand for cyber security solutions is expected to increase in the automotive sector globally.
The automotive cybersecurity market is dominated by global players such as Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany), Continental AG (Germany), Harman International (US), DENSO Corporation (Japan), Aptiv PLC (Ireland), Karamba Security ( Israel), SafeRide Technologies (Israel), Arilou Technologies (Israel), GuardKnox Cyber Technologies Ltd. (Israel), Upstream Security Ltd. (Israel) and Green Hills Software.
Request a FREE sample report @ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestsampleNew.asp?id=170885898
By Offering, Software Segment Expected to Hold Largest Global Automotive Cybersecurity Market
In terms of market share in the global automotive cybersecurity industry, the ratio of hardware to software per vehicle is around 20:80. This should change over the years with changes in hardware prices. Cybersecurity software inside the vehicle requires the implementation of a number of security features such as secure protocols, identity and access management, intrusion detection and layers of abstraction for cryptographic functions. These functionalities are then used by the functional computers to secure communications and avoid the creation of backdoors. Hence, the software segment is expected to hold the largest automotive cybersecurity market share during the forecast period globally.
ADAS and security systems are expected to dominate the automotive cybersecurity market over the forecast period
The ADAS and security segment is expected to dominate the automotive cybersecurity market over the forecast period. ADAS includes ECUs/DCUs used to control airbags, collision warning, and tire pressure systems. Market growth in this segment is largely driven by the increasing incorporation of ECU/DCUs that control ADAS and related functionality. Government mandates and growing vehicle safety awareness are also expected to fuel the demand for ADAS and safety systems across the globe. It is estimated that Europe and North America are experiencing significant demand for ADAS and security systems. EU regulators have mandated forward collision warning systems and autonomous emergency braking systems in all new vehicles by 2022. Regulators in the US are also encouraging OEMs to integrate forward collision warning systems and autonomous emergency braking systems into all their vehicles. new vehicles by the end of 2022. The Indian government also plans to make ADAS features such as Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) mandatory for all passenger cars by 2022 -23. Therefore, government mandates, along with growing vehicle safety awareness, are expected to fuel the demand for ADAS and safety systems. Thus, the demand for automotive cybersecurity solutions is also expected to grow at a rapid rate during the forecast period globally.
Endpoint security is expected to be the fastest growing type of security in the global automotive cybersecurity market.
The endpoint security segment is expected to witness the fastest growth in Europe and Asia-Pacific during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the increased use of mirror link applications in these regions. Growing safety and security concerns in these regions are also likely to propel the demand for terminal security solutions. Currently, new vehicles contain around 100 million lines of code and are deployed with complex software by automakers. To maintain security as well as the security of a vehicle’s entire codebase, OEMs opt for endpoint security solutions. Additionally, the trend towards a mobile workforce, BYOD, social media, and cloud synchronization tools are expected to drive spending on endpoint security solutions.
Talk to the analyst @ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/speaktoanalystNew.asp?id=170885898
1. In November 2021, NXP Semiconductors collaborated with Ford Motor Company to deliver enhanced driving experiences, convenience, and services like over-the-air updates on its global fleet of vehicles, including the Ford F- 150 2021, Mustang Mach-E and Bronco SUVs.
2. In October 2021, Renesas Electronic Corporation acquired Celeno Communications (Israel) to develop more advanced Wi-Fi connectivity capabilities to provide end-to-end connectivity solutions for clients and access points.
3. In September 2021, Harman International collaborated with Renault (France) to supply the Harman Kardon audio system to the 100% electric Renault Mégane E-TECH due to be launched in 2022.
4. In July 2021, ETAS Korea, a subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH, signed a partnership agreement with Suresoft Tech Co., Ltd. (South Korea) to offer consulting services and solutions related to cybersecurity testing of embedded systems to Korean car manufacturers. manufacturers and suppliers.
5. In July 2021, NXP Semiconductors collaborated with Moter Technologies, Inc. (USA) to combine its new high-performance S32G2 automotive processors with MOTER’s insurance data science expertise and software. This should enable the monetization of vehicle data with new and improved car insurance services.
6. In May 2021, ESCRYPT, a subsidiary of ETAS Inc, which is a subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH, partnered with Alyne GmbH and KPMG to offer joint expertise in the development of the Product Security Organization Framework (PROOF). In April 2021, Elektrobit collaborated with SUSE (Germany) to provide its Linux EB combos operating system to automakers and Tier 1 suppliers in China.
7. In May 2021, Harman International introduced an end-to-end 5G test lab for 5G CP devices in India. It should equip technology vendors such as device manufacturers, chipmakers, telecom operators, etc., to run a variety of protocols and functional tests. It also allows applications to be validated and reviewed in a real 5G radio environment.
8. In December 2020, Elektrobit selected ArcherMind Technology (Nanjing) Co., Ltd. as a value-added distributor in China to resell its software products as well as to provide engineering and customer support services to its customers.
Company Name: MarketsandMarkets
Contact: Mr. Aashish Mehra
E-mail: Send an email
Address:630 Dundee Road, Suite 430
State: IT 60062
The country: United States
Press release issued by ABNewswire.com
To view the original version on ABNewswire, visit: Automotive Cybersecurity Market: Growth, Opportunities and Development