Electronic Security Support Technician – IT-Online
An electronic security equipment company based in Greenstone and Boksburg is looking for a support technician. This position will require travel, so a valid driver’s license and your own transportation are required. Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience in electronic security.
- Minimum 12th year certificate.
- A national diploma or a BTech diploma will be an asset.
- N + and A + will be an advantage.
- Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience in electronic security.
- The position will also require occasional travel throughout the sales territory when visiting customers (installers) and end users.
- A valid driver’s license and your own transportation to get to work.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Provide pre and post sales advice and support.
- Help sales staff, installers and their customers understand, compare and contrast the solutions available for purchase.
- Resolve issues related to their implementations i.e. ensure solutions work successfully and maximize sales by providing such assistance to internal and external customers.
- Train and advise salespeople and installers on products and solutions.
- Become a product specialist on all of the company’s electronic security products and participate in workshops with installers / customers, shows and demonstrations of our products, including pre-installations and equipment setup. Categories of applicable security equipment: video surveillance, access control, alarms, gate motors, electric fencing, intercoms. Basic knowledge of electronics (use of multimeters and troubleshooting).
- Technical repairs (mostly limited go / no-go tests, replacement of fuses and basic repairs, etc.
- Technical assistance desk, telephone and on-site assistance.
- Sales at the counter and by phone, backing up the sales staff when needed.
- Basic quotes on Pastel know price lists and all matrix designs.
- Train branch staff on products and solutions, as well as installers / customers.
- Prepare and maintain the security warehouse support area at the branch.
- Support for internal systems on a 1st line basis (PC / printers and internal network, alarm and cards / demo equipment, etc.).
- Submit a report.
- Inventory and collection.
- Inventory management.
Skills and attributes:
- Strong prioritization of tasks to maximize return on effort.
- Very strong with relationships that can get people to rely on you.
- Communication skills are essential for phone etiquette, face-to-face and email.
- Motivation driven by responsibility for your own results.
- Quick learning of new information.
- A good culture suited to the responsibility, planning and execution of a plan are essential.
- High level of communication skills (oral and written at least in English).
- Attention to detail.
- Tolerant to stress.
- Social abilities.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Conflict resolution.
Find out more / Apply for this position