We love the Speedi Air Fryer, TWISTi Blender
Are you a ninja in the kitchen? Or a better question, do you want to be?
I certainly did, that’s why I tested two new ninja devices to upgrade my kitchen and improve my cooking game by pressing a button.
The new Ninja Speedi Rapid Cooker and Air Fryer ($200) is a powerful multi-tool that has 12 different settings for steaming, baking, air frying and even proofing bread to name a few. some. It can also multitask, which should impress any home cook, with room at the bottom to prep your vegetables, rice or pasta and cook your protein to perfection on top.
The Ninja TWISTi DUO High-Speed Blender ($140) is another must-have, especially in today’s heat wave when all you want is a cold smoothie or a refreshing frozen treat. The blender is more than just a blender, as it has settings specific to smoothie bowls for a thicker consistency as well as others that extract nutrients from fruits and vegetables.
First, go order groceries from Amazon Fresh or elsewhere online for the fastest delivery, then read on for our take on the two newest devices from the beloved Ninja family.
This device seriously turns up the heat!
Although not literally, as this multifunctional fast cooker and air fryer freak didn’t get too hot to the touch, even when dehydrating fruit for eight hours or cooking juicy burgers over high heat.
This was just the first feature I fell in love with. Next was ease of use, once you understand the mechanics. There’s really only one switch, going from its air fryer capabilities to quick cook settings, and once you know what you want to cook, the rest is self explanatory. The only other addition is the crispy tray inside, which can be wedged or flattened depending on what’s cooking.
For my tests, I wanted to try as many settings as possible, making sure the air fryer produced crispy fries, the steam and bake settings were up to par for cooking a fluffy soufflé, and I was trying my hand at dehydrating. Just for fun. See below for photos, but even as an amateur chef, I don’t think I could have made a more professional (and tastier) soufflé if I had tried, moreover, in less than 25 minutes.
The only downside to this machine is simply its size. Since it really replaces the need for other appliances like a steamer, fry pan, dehydrator, and honestly a whole range of ovens, I think it’s worth it, if you can find the counter space, sure.
Features to note:
- 12 functions including Speedi Meals, Steam & Crispy, Steam & Bake, Steam, Proof, Air Fry, Bake/Roast, Air Broil, Dehydrate, Sear & Sauté, Slow Cook & Sous Vide.
- Heats up quickly and can cook meals in less than 15 minutes
- Doesn’t get too hot to the touch, safe and easy to use
- Can be combined with oven-safe cookware, pots and pans
- 6 quart capacity and able to cook multiple dishes at once
- Crisper included
- LED display to show the remaining cooking time via a countdown
Don’t get me wrong, we’re also obsessed with the Ninja Blender.
The new Ninja TWISTi is a super smooth product to use, a very intentional pun. As someone very used to smoking out of my $20 blender every time I tried to crush ice or fruit, this was a dream. The TWISTi knows exactly what is expected of a blender – the ability to create perfect consistencies when blending a juice versus a smoothie bowl and a sauce versus a delicious oil.
This is where the settings and single cap come in. The mixer itself has two different options: drinkable and spoonful. From there, choose an option like extract, smoothie, or frozen or go for spread or bowl. Then the mixer knows exactly what to do, with a built-in preset and timer, for a virtually hands-free experience.
To put this to the test, I made both a bowl and a juice drinker to test their “full texture control” claim on the blender front. I was impressed with how easily the blades cut through a completely frozen block of acai and chunks of ginger, knowing that you don’t have to totally pulverize the chia seeds.
One last thing to mention: when using the larger 34-ounce high-velocity pitcher, the cap at the top twists – perhaps a nod to the TWISTi name? – and pushes everything towards the blades to ensure even mixing, with no chunks or lumps to be found.
Features to note:
- Can make drinkable and spoonable treats, with options for extract, smoothie, freeze, bowl and spread
- 34-ounce pitcher attaches to a 1600-watt peak power base for super-fast mixing
- The 34-ounce pitcher also comes with a built-in twist pad to evenly mix the top and bottom of the mixture.
- The extraction mode is ideal for juicing and can be used with the nutrient extraction cup for better distribution of ingredients in fruits, vegetables and herbs.
- Base small enough to fit most countertops, plus comes with a suction cup to prevent spills
Check New York Post Shopping for more content.